Sugar Cookies

Saturday, July 2, 2011
I made these yesterday, I had an unexpected day off and figured that meant it was time to bake something, it feels like its been forever. I know it has been a LOOONG time since I've blogged any new baked stuffs but that's because most of the things I've baked recently have been things that I've blogged before like tiny pie. But I made sugar cookies. Here they are:
I should have flipped this picture but i didn't. Sorry. Anyway here's what goes into them:
Okay so 2 things, 1) check out the awesome jar I got for flour =] and 2) I didn't source this recipe because its a basic sugar cookie recipe and there are hundreds out there that all look the same, this one is no different. 
1 C softened butter
2/3 C sugar
Cream together. (you can add a shake or two of salt here but I never do)
1 egg
Beat the egg in really well
Add 1 T vanilla
2 1/2 C flour (sifted.. but I don't do that either usually)
Yes, this is good cookie dough..
It will need some attention, go ahead and knead it a little
I like to put down foil to make clean up a little easier, you will need to throw down some flour and flour your rolling pin
I decided this was a huge ball and needed to be worked in two parts
So roll it on out, get a big flat shape about 1/4in thick
No Hank, no crumbs for you 
This is after a little while in the fridge, its easier to work with cold, its more solid that way
I went with starts because 4th of July is Monday but you can use whatever shape you want 
Into the oven they go =]
They go in for 8-10 mins at 350F mine took the full 10mins
you'll want to take them out as soon as the edges start showing a little color
Can you see it?
They're decent but they're much better with frosting (which I will blog later)
The family really liked these, I made them yesterday and honestly I don't think there's any left. The frosting is simple I'll blog it tomorrow maybe, don't hold me to it but I've got the pictures all taken and edited and ready to go I just need to actually do it. 

Happy Baking!
Enjoy! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment