π pie π

Friday, February 25, 2011
So initially today was going to be dedicated to tiny π pie π yeah, I know, the symbols are a bit much right? I like them, so deal. Anyway, last night our neighbor's brought over some lasagna so today I thought it would be nice to make them a pie, I made them a full size peach pie which we will et to but for now, tiny pie; the idea came from >HERE< I didn't use their recipes or anything but the tiny pie idea stemmed from stumbling across their page. What is cuter than a tiny version of commonplace every-day items? And what is better than pie? Here is the results of today's kitchen time =]
Since we all know holiday stuff goes on MAJOR sale the days following the holiday and the most recent one being valentines day.. I picked up the little heart dishes for 80¢ each.. I got 3. 
I cheated. Sorry. The pie crusts I made yesterday can be found >HERE< I was actually very happy with them. Anyway -->
The best/easiest way to get a pie crust into the pie plate is to roll it out into a circle and fold it in half then half again and unfold it in the pie plate. Go ahead and cut off the edges
I had a little fun with my photo editor.. 
Still playing with the editor.. Smooth out the filling so its not just a big glob, canned filling tends to be gobby. You can top it however you like, I cut some dough into strips and made a lattice on it. 
Now the fun part! Aren't these just adorable?
I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to get my base
Then smushed the sides on piece by piece 
For the tiny jars I ended up using the bottom as a stamp and cutting around it, in the picture it shows I left a bit of a margin around the circle.. I ended up cutting that off. It was easier just to piece the sides on a little chunk at a time
The apple filling was very much like slices of apple which were HUGE so instead of dumping it out and chopping it all up, I threw in some brown sugar and cinnamon and used a knife to stir it up
I think it worked out well.
A couple spoonfulls of filling is all you'll need in the tiny jars, one of mine bubbled over but more on that later
tiny lattice pie =]
giant lattice pie =]
Heart shaped pie <3 on the bottoms of these it says they're oven/microwave/dishwasher safe
Tiny pies =] see how the top one is all messy and gooy-like?
That means it needs to be eaten!
Om-nom-nom!
SOOO good!
One more of the tiny π pie π =] look how yummy!

Happy Baking!
Enjoy! =] 

0 comments:

Post a Comment