Pop Tart

Sunday, July 24, 2011
Okay, it has been a LONG time, I am aware of this and I do apologize. On to what we came here to see.. My latest project of course! Okay, so every one knows what these are.. >HERE< if you don't recognize that you live under a rock. Here is my version =]
They didn't turn out wonderful, I'm not going to lie. It was my oops though and  it would've been fine if I had paid more attention. Here's what I used
Homemade jam from my friend Monica's garden/kitchen, and some leftover pie crust that i made a while back and had in the freezer for just such an occasion.
 I rolled out the dough
Cut out a shape, any shape really I just like stars..
YAY!
spread out the jam nice and thin across the shape
then roll out and cut another shape..
Line them up nice and neat like
I used a fork to crimp the edges
And poke some holes
Bake at 400F 15mins should be good but check it, I kind of forgot about it for like an hour.. (okay really I have no idea how long it was , it could have been 20mins-1hr) 
It totally oozed out everywhere and got all hard and candied, even the jam inside the crust was completely candied
Oops. Oh well. I'll try again some other time, I hope you have better luck. If this had worked out I had planned on topping it with a thin frosting. 

Happy Baking!
Enjoy! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment