Blueberry Cupcakes

Wednesday, May 4, 2011
I made blueberry cupcakes, NOT muffins =]
These were pretty easy and very good. I like to think they were mildly healthy even though I know that's not the case because I used actual fresh blueberries. I also like to think they should be considered breakfast because I love cake for breakfast they contain actual fresh blueberries... I found the recipe for them >HERE< along with a bajillion other recipes, fear not, I will be making some of them also. These are number 19, Heres how they turned out:
Here is all the things that go into them:
Start with half a stick of butter in the mixer
Add 3/4 C sugar
Mix it all up
Yay!
Add an egg
Pour in 3/4 C buttermilk
Mix and add 1/4 C regular milk
Add 1 1/2 C flour
Mix mix mix
Throw in 1 1/2 t baking powder
Yay!
Line a muffin tin with paper liners
Toss in a cup of blueberries (fresh ones from the produce section -not that I know of any other kind)
Stir them in
They bake for 20min at 350F
To make the frosting start with butter, its best softened
Add powdered sugar
Pour in some milk and whisk until blended
Add some maple syrup
And spread evenly onto cooled cupcakes
YAY! All done! These were really good and I don't even like real blueberries. I took them to Sunday school and brought home an empty container, I think that means they went over well =]

Happy Baking!
Enjoy! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment