Amazing Frosting

Friday, April 29, 2011
I made this frosting because I ran out of powdered sugar, generally I always make the same frosting, a little butter a little milk and a whole bunch of powdered sugar.. but as I said, I ran out. Since I already had the cake made I needed to frost it with something so I turned to google, remembering >THIS< that I stumbledupon a few weeks ago. Heres how it turned out:
And here is what you will need:
Yes, I know I'm about out of milk, don't worry theres probably another 2 gallons in the fridge, we keep it well stocked - milk is one of the things we go through the fastest.
Start with 5 tablespoons of flour in 1 cup of milk over heat(med)
Stir
Continue stirring, and with the other hand (keep stirring) throw two sticks of butter and a cup of sugar into the mixer
and mix
Are you still stirring? Why not? Get on it
Does it feel lumpy?
Kinda sorta, yeah
I'd say so. Keep stirring
It's lumpy. Stir it some more
Wow! It's magic! Keep stirring until it reaches the consistency of brownie mix
Remove from heat
Make sure the sugar/butter is good and mixed, you shouldn't see the grains of sugar
Add vanilla to the cooling flour/milk mix
Go take a nap, or check your email and suddenly wake up an hour and a half later wondering what happened like I did. You want to give it time to COMPLETELY cool down
Ew, it looks gross..
Dump it into the butter/sugar
Mix it really good
I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture but this is really SUPER light and fluffy, amazingly so. 
The recipe for the cake is >HERE<. Everyone loved it, Daddy even got a second piece of cake for the sole purpose of getting more frosting. I liked it. I think I would definitely use it again though I do like the sweetness of my usual frosting. 

Happy Baking!
Enjoy! =]


0 comments:

Post a Comment