Mug Cake

Saturday, March 19, 2011
I've made something similar to this before and it turned out kinda yucky and fairly disappointing, its >HERE< if you missed it, but I decided to give this another try because 1. its a different recipe and 2. they used nutella... their recipe can be found >HERE<. If you don't know what nutella is, you need to go get yourself acquainted, I promise, you will thank me for this heads-up. I don't happen to have any on hand so I subbed peanut butter and it worked out just fine. I didn't take a picture of the finished product before I dug into it though... oops. Heres as good as I can do you for a finished picture:
Pretty awesome right? And, I made it in like three minutes.. are you sold yet? Heres what you need:
It looks like a lot but the biggest measurement is tablespoons so I think we'll be ok
Crack an egg into the mug and bust it up
Add 4 T Flour
4 T Sugar
3 T Cocoa powder (I mixed as I went along before adding each new ingredient)
3 T Oil ( I used vegetable oil you can also use olive oil)
3 T Milk
3 T Nutella (or in my case peanut butter)
Once you mix it all up it should look something like this, and if you plan on eating it out of the mug (I didn't) I would suggest pouring half into another mug and making two, it about bubbles over and I just don't like that. 
While the cake part is in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 3min (I went with 2 1/2min) I mixed up a tiny bit of frosting, about 1 T butter, softened a tiny bit of milk and a handful of powdered sugar and just a touch of vanilla extract.
I scooped out about 1/3 of the cake onto a plate
Then dumped my frosting on it
I mixed it up some and ate it that way and I was pretty well satisfied with it. What prompted this? I was home alone, bored and hungry, well ok I'm really not sure if 'bored' and 'hungry' are actually two separate and different feelings, I think theres a fine line between the two I just have yet to distinguish this line for myself. But either way this solved both sides of the line and now I can go about the rest of the day knowing that I did something semi-productive. 

Happy Baking!
Enjoy! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment