White Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Thursday, March 31, 2011
 I made white chocolate covered pretzels, heres how they turned out:
I'm sure all of you are familiar with Flipz, I was at the grocery store with my mom the other day and she picked up a package of something similar in the produce section that they were selling for $3.99 (I think) and that was just outrageous, she was going to get them! I told her no, took them from her and put them back telling her I could make her the same thing (basically) without spending a penny, she agreed and we went home. Heres what I had on hand:
Who doesn't have a half eaten bag of pretzels floating around? You can use any melt-able chocolate be it semi-sweet chips or milk chocolate, dark chocolate, depends on your preference, I had some white chocolate chips in the cabinet just waiting to be used. 
Start by melting down your chocolate (glass bowl over boiling water)
Use a spoon to get it smooth and evenly melted, turn down the heat some, to keep it just melted but cut down on the heat since you'll be standing right by it 
Throw in your first victim, muahahaha
Drown it! 
Show a little mercy 
Using two spoons pinch it pick it up and shake off any excess coating
Lay them out on foil (plastic wrap or parchment paper would work just as well I'm sure, I just prefer foil). They will set after a few minutes but you can hurry them by putting them in the fridge, I stored them in the fridge but they would be fine on the counter or in the cabinet. They turned out really good and were gone within a couple hours. 

Happy Baking!
Enjoy! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment