Coconut Cream Pudding

Monday, April 4, 2011
I don't actually like coconut, not unless its added in with some pineapple.. but my mom does, she likes it on candy bars and in pies and anywhere else you could think to eat it.  So when I found this recipe >HERE< I decided I had to make it for her. This is what I ended up with:
According to mom, it was really good, very creamy, so here is what you'll need
You're supposed to toast the coconut but I forgot to...
Start with 1 1/2 C Milk in a bowl. 
Add a teaspoon of coconut extract (recipe calls for 1/2 t but I didn't really measure - and yes, I realize its clear and you cant see it in the milk)
Add the pudding mix
Whisk it together and let it sit for 2min. No, I didn't time this I just let it sit until it was time to add it later. 
Beat 1 block of softened cream cheese
It will look something like this
Add the pudding mix
Yay! It's mixed!
Throw in 1 C "toasted" coconut and 8oz whipped cream 
Fold it together, and by that I mean do it by hand
Yay! Now you can put it in whatever you plan to store it in..
For me that means tiny jars =]
This is how much there ended up being minus the 1/4 jar of excess that I demanded that mom eat immediately and give me a review, she says its very creamy, which you would figure if you knew there was a bunch of whip cream in there but she didn't watch me make it or anything and I told her it was pudding(which is generally fairly heavy) so theres that. Try it! Like it!

Happy Baking!
Enjoy! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment