Brownies

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From scratch! Ok, so I really only made these because another recipe called for brownies. The recipe I used can be found >HERE< but I need to go ahead and say that I left out the chips on purpose. 
Here is how they turned out:

Oooh yeah, and in case you couldn't tell this was after the ritual sacrifice to the kitchen gods was made. Heres what you need:
Easy enough right? I thought so. I also thought we could go ahead and do this by hand.
So we start with 1 1/2 C sugar
We then stir in 3/4 C flour
Then we add 3/4 C cocoa powder, I used Hershey's but you can use something a little more pricey if you feel like splurging, it will reflect in the flavor.
Add three eggs
Stir it up good
Add a stick and a quarter of softened butter
And mix it, this is going to require some elbow grease, I'm not even going to lie -it was really hard. 
Line your baking pan with parchment paper, I used wax paper. 
Spread the brownie mix in the pan
Get it nice and even
Make your ritual sacrifice to the kitchen gods to ensure the batch bakes properly..
Put them in at 325F and bake for 20-30min 
YAY! Brownies!! Who doesn't love brownies? These were no exception. I normally write a little but here about what I thought of how it turned out or who liked it and what they had to say but, they're brownies.. They're good, I know it, you know  it, if you don't, you need to make these and you too can join those of us who love brownies. 

Happy baking!
Enjoy! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment