White Cake

Wednesday, April 27, 2011
White cake is simple and easy to make, I linked a recipe >HERE< you most likely have everything you need in your pantry already (if you're someone like me who likes to bake from scratch). Heres how it turned out:
Yummy right? Who doesn't love cake? Here is what you need:
See, I told you it's probably already in your pantry. 
Start with a stick of softened butter in the mixer.
Add a cup of sugar and cream together
Then add 2 eggs
Mix and add 1/2 C milk
Mix together
Add 1 1/2 cups of flour
Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
Mix it up real good
Pour into your baking dish of choice, I like my 6" round, I think it makes a really cute little layer cake
Bake at 350F for 30-35min -this will be longer(40mins) if you're using a larger dish and shorter for a smaller dish(cupcakes will be 20-25min)
To layer your cakes you may need to make a sacrifice to the kitchen gods =]
Use frosting to glue the layers together
Yay! Pretty cake =]
I was happy with this cake, its simple and easy to make and the cake itself isn't overly sweet(not that that would ever be a problem). I enjoyed making it almost as much as I've enjoyed having it for breakfast =] Cake for breakfast is quite possibly one of my favorite things in life, right up there with dunking french fries in chocolate milkshakes =]

Happy Baking! 
Enjoy! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment