Cookie Dough Truffles

Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Yes, I like cookie dough okay, you're going to just have to deal with that. Anyway.. I found this super easy recipe >HERE< and now I'm sharing with you. OH! And you health concerned people; there's no egg in the cookie dough so it's safe.. this time ;)
So heres what we're going for (yes, I know they're messy looking, sorry):
After I got them done I put them in the freezer, it helped, a LOT.. but heres what you'll need
Yes, I am aware that the recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk, but.. I don't keep that on hand, I do keep regular milk on hand though.. and it turned out okay
Mix all this stuff up together, you could mix everything then add in the flour, probably would've been a better idea, but live and learn.. add milk until you get a good consistency
And watch out for curious noses... =]
once the dough texture is where you want it, fold in the chocolate chips, again, you're supposed to use mini-chips but I don't keep those on hand so.. regular will do

Then make little dough balls, I highly recommend playing gymnast and getting a good bit of chalk flour all over your hands, I even re-floured my hands after each ball, trust me, it helps
yeah, duplicate picture, i know..
get some chocolate chips melting and roll the balls of dough around in it (I ended up chilling the dough balls for about half an hour prior to this because they were melting when I put them in the hot chocolate)
get them good and covered with a spoon, don't use your fingers, its HOT and beware of steam from the boiling water in the pot under the bowl
you may need to use 2 spoons to pick it up out of the chocolate, I did
I set them out on a greased sheet of aluminum foil
Then put them in the freezer to harden the chocolate coating, I think they could be stored in the fridge after they're good and set up.

These turned out pretty good, I was actually surprised 

Enjoy =]




0 comments:

Post a Comment