Oreo Cheesecake

Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Ok, so I made these great little cupcake size single portion cheesecakes yesterday morning.. and I cannot stress enough the amount of GREAT that that little 'great' contains =]


I rolled lazily jumped out of bed around 10am excited about the thought of eating cheesecake for breakfast embarking on the bright new adventure that was a recipe I found online for these little cheesecakes.  After updating my Facebook status to reflect my excitement and its source (the cheesecake) and responding to a comment, on said status about my dietary deficiencies, I wandered bounded out to the kitchen and started pulling ingredients out of the cabinets, got out my new found favorite recipe, hand wrote it on a scrap sheet of printer paper (because recipes are just easier to follow that way) and decided to make a half recipe, after softening and creaming the cream cheese i added the sugar, threw in the vanilla, drizzled in the beaten room temperature eggs, measured out the sour cream and realized I had added a full cup of sugar rather than following my original plan to half everything... so, I panicked and scrambled for the rest of the cream cheese calmly added the other two blocks of cream cheese that I was already making plans for had on hand just in case and the last minute fix caused a little lumpiness in the consistency that was somewhat disappointing added to the overall texture of the finished mini cheesecakes. 
Here is how they turned out:
See how lumpy textured? 
This was round 2
Round 3...
Annd here they all are =] ok.. minus the 6 or so that I devoured the second I thought they were edible, and we aren't going to discuss the amount of batter that I ate prior to baking.. =D
I used colored paper liners, and tip: if you leave them in the muffin tin to cool, like the recipe tells you to, they stay rounder, they get a little smooshy/misshapen if you take them out to cool on a plate.


heres the recipe:



Makes 30
  • 42 Oreo, cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
  • 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • Pinch of salt
  1. Preheat oven to 275° F.  Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.  Place 1 whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each lined muffin cup.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed.  Gradually add the sugar, and beat until combined.  Beat in the vanilla.
  3. Drizzle in eggs, a little at a time, beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add in sour cream and salt, beat to combine.  Using a large spatula, fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.
  4. Divide batter evenly among the cookie-filled muffin cups, fill each cup almost to the top.  Bake, rotating muffin tins halfway through, until the filling is set, about 22 to 28 minutes.  Transfer the muffins tins to a wire rack to cool completely.  Refrigerate (in the muffin tins) at least 4 hours (or overnight). Remove from tins just before serving
I'm pretty sure I'm obligated to say on here that this is not MY recipe and I think I also have to tell you that while I don't have a direct source, I'm pretty sure this came from Martha Stewart in a round-about kind of way. 

OH! And heres what they're supposed to look like:

0 comments:

Post a Comment